Ok, so I don't read Michael Crichton. I tried reading Jurassic Park but had to stop. I love science and find it really facinating but after reading 40 pages on the description of DNA I wanted shove needles in my eyes. Yes I said it DNA is boring! That, my friends, was 12 years ago. A friend told me that Congo was one of his favorite reads and I decided to give it a try. It did help that I enjoyed the movie. Who doesn't enjoy skull crushing hybrid monkeys and a talking gorilla?! And Tim Curry? He is my favorite. I digress.. I really enjoyed the read. It is fast paced and plot driven. Mr Crichton does give background factual information about the Congo but it is small blurbs and not a Golden Corral buffet regurgitation. It was a little anticlimactic because I had seen the flick but I was still able to hype myself up for the final scene.
This gem of a book will be next! It looks a little morbid but the description is hilarious! I can't believe they were even allowed to publish it. :)

2 comments:
Please don't tell me you are going to read the zombie book!!!? Please! I am thinking sac-religion here! Did you read P and P after my begging you to? I can't remember.
Ha! Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books, and the only way I can think to improve it is to add zombies. I'm adding it to my library queue immediately.
Post a Comment