.
I was pleasantly surprised by the Half-Blood Prince. It wasn't as abysmal as I anticipated. I have been let down by the movies. In the past I have felt they "dumbed them down" and the tone of the films have been patronizing at best. Kids are smart! Anyway there were only a few small things I disliked. *SPOILER ALERT*SPOILER ALERT*SPOILER ALERT*
.
1. Harry should have been stunned in the tower by Dumbledore.
2. The end battle was too brief. You can't even call it a battle. It makes it look like the Death Eaters entered and left the castle undetected!
3. Burning down the Burrow. I can't even say anything else about this!
4. The Order of the Phoenix were missing.
.
Bravo to Snape and Draco. It's no secret that I love Alan Rickman, but Mr Tom Felton did a fine job playing Draco. I also was impressed with Jim Broadbent. He was too skinny for "my" Slughorn but I thought his portrayal was fabulous and very funny.
.
I will see it again for sure.
I was pleasantly surprised by the Half-Blood Prince. It wasn't as abysmal as I anticipated. I have been let down by the movies. In the past I have felt they "dumbed them down" and the tone of the films have been patronizing at best. Kids are smart! Anyway there were only a few small things I disliked. *SPOILER ALERT*SPOILER ALERT*SPOILER ALERT*
.
1. Harry should have been stunned in the tower by Dumbledore.
2. The end battle was too brief. You can't even call it a battle. It makes it look like the Death Eaters entered and left the castle undetected!
3. Burning down the Burrow. I can't even say anything else about this!
4. The Order of the Phoenix were missing.
.
Bravo to Snape and Draco. It's no secret that I love Alan Rickman, but Mr Tom Felton did a fine job playing Draco. I also was impressed with Jim Broadbent. He was too skinny for "my" Slughorn but I thought his portrayal was fabulous and very funny.
.
I will see it again for sure.

4 comments:
My best friend and I discussed the movie at length the other day and we actually came to the agreement that all those big changes that were made (everything you listed) was a good thing. The thing to remember is that film is a totally different media that lit, so stories must be told in a different way. For instance, if there had been a battle scene, it would have felt like a cheap way to fit in some action at the end of the movie. It would have detracted from the sadness of Dumbledore's death. I could talk about this for hours, but on the whole, I really liked the film.
I totally agree about that also but with Aubrey she thinks the book has to be the same as the movie!!
thanks for the spoiler alert, I have not seen it yet. I tam taking Thomas and Brinley on Friday. so, since I didn't read the rest of the post, I guess I don't know what to comment about. :)
I am going to watch all of the HP movies with the boys like Aunt Kelly and their gang did. From Uno, dos,tres, etc....We did that with Indiana Jones. It was actually a lot of fun to do that. I have never read the books.
Post a Comment