"Pirate booty can refer to any object acquired through the act of looting or pillaging performed by a pirate" (Wikipedia)This my friends is my pirate booty! My goal for this year was to buy less and save more.....I am adopting a kiddo this year. Anyhoo, I bought sixty eight books this year for $34! I am proud to announce that this year's total is five less than last year! Talk about fiscal responsibility! This definitely displays the model of a "sound future"! In a truly geeky Star Wars fashion, I waited two hours before the doors opened to be sure of my place in line. As the intercom counted the seconds down to zero..(I admit, I felt tingles) my heart started leaping in anticipation of the stories I would own that would fill my head over the next several weeks. Yes I said weeks.
All in all it was a good haul this year. I only spent 5 hours at the sale and the crazies only slightly bothered me! Although why anyone would decide not to wear deodorant in a packed warehouse with no A.C. I have no idea. Happy reading!!

5 comments:
Mmm... books. I wish I had more money, because then I'd be buying books every week.
Wow! That's a lot of books to read. I can't even imagine reading 2 in one year. You are a looter that pays. I will try to read the book I started last summer. I am on chapter 2. There's hope for the non-motivated reader.
Did I see a whole stack of cheesy romance novels in that booty? It's obvious you didn't take after Aunt Gabby!
oh my gosh! You are a "vote for the worst" browser!? I just saw that on your "sites I visit" link. I am laughing!!!! Please don't tell me you voted for Sanjya a couple of years ago! Too funny. I think I am loving what they have to say this year...
Hi Aub,
May I make a suggestion for your blog pictures? When you post them, it gives you three size options. Always have the default mode on the large size and it's makes it so much easier to see your pictures. Even though a person can click on them to enlarge them too, which is nice, but I would recommend that you automatically upload them in the large size. That's what I do, at least.
You never mentioned where you got all these books? Some big sale, but where? Congrats to you!
Post a Comment