
Does anyone remember this old Nokia phone? Well I used mine up until January of this year. I had backup old phones to replace this phone when it started to die. I caved into peer pressure and bought the latest computer phone with all the unnecessary features that I now can't live without!
Technology has me on it's radar now. I can't escape! I hear the electronic "whirring" beckoning me, saying my name as my brain scrambles to justify the purchase. The current impulse I am trying to withstand is the Kindle2
I would say that the shopping addiction that has the strongest hold on me is my love of reading. I will buy a book before I would buy food. I am considering purchasing a Kindle2. A patient came in with one yesterday and it is pretty sweet. It's kind of pricey but it can hold 15000 titles. My hesitancy is due to the fact that I love holding, smelling, and feeling the book in my hands! I should have been born in 1879 and I wouldn't have this dilemma! I have been stewing over the Kindle for about 5 months...... I am afraid the stalker is gonna win this one! It would be great to pass 30 hours of travelling to Africa with 15 books thinner than a pencil!

1 comment:
I'll agree with you on the Kindle issue - it's been haunting my fantasies of late and I can't seem to get it out of my brain! But you know what I do to compromise? I like to get audiobooks from the library, put them on my iPod, and listen while I'm in the car.
Post a Comment