I started my birthday weekend by travelling to Six Flags Arlington with two friends (Nancy is in the center, Karen is on the right) Here is our before we leave picture. We left Thursday night around 8pm.
This is before we got on Shockwave. It is an older rollercoaster, but the first to have two back to back loopty-do's. It is pretty fun. The line for this use to be outrageous but it is hard to compete with the new shiny coasters like Mr Freeze and Titan. I am surprised we are smiling in this photo, the guy taking the pic was a class A jerk.
Thursday night, we stayed at the Baymont Inn and Suites or as the marqee said, Baymo-I-n. After we left the park Friday, we went and stayed at Nancy's parents' home. The pool was magnifique after a long day screaming and laughing. Nano and K-rod got a little overheated but they are white girls and the sun loves me.
I finally took a picture of food that wasn't half eaten!!! We went to an awesome Mexican restaurant for dinner, Uncle Julio's, in Fort Worth. It had some traditional dishes and I was tickled to order Frog leg and shrimp brochette fajitas! I love frog legs but haven't had them in years! This place was excellent! The salsa was hot and yummy. I didn't take a picture but we also shared a shrimp and lobster ceviche soup which was super spicy.
Lana, Nancy's mom, made me a breakfast bagel with whipped and a strawberry birthday treat. She is a great lady. She taught music at Broadmoore Elementary and kept all her old yearbooks so we got to see Boogie as a first and second grader! She had some funny hair! As you can see in the photo, the girls who wore sunscreen are sunburned :)
I am exhausted in this pic. I stayed up late two nights in a row. I had super fun time in Texas this weekend. We sang in the car, played some trivia, rode all the great rides multiple times, ate yummy frogs and tried not to drown in the pool. Hopefully the real day goes just as well..
.
"Six Flags part 2" will have the official pictures that I was scammed into buying! :)


4 comments:
Looks like a great trip! I'm glad you could get away for a little while.
I'm really happy that you found someone to ride roller coasters with because you know you can't count on me for that! I'm so happy that you had a great time. love, mom
Looks like a blast, Aubrey! That Mexican food looked tasty, even the frog, surprisingly.
I haven't eaten frog legs in years either. "They taste like chicken" is what I tell everyone. LOL!! The pictures they talk you in to buying at Six Flags are worth it.
Post a Comment