Sunday, July 5, 2009
Mingling with the public
I avoid the crazies. I don't go out on New Year's and I don't go downtown for all major holidays. I must say I had a lovely time listening to the OKC Philharmonic Orchestra outside near the Coca-Cola event center. It was very low-key; sitting in lawn chairs in the parking lot, listening to good music occassionally singing with the crowd. True, it was July 3rd not the 4th but still a holiday. I haven't been downtown for the 4th since the Okies were selling glow necklaces. (circa 1994) The fireworks were impressive too. I never expected them to last as long as they did, but it was at least a 10 minute display. I must say that I get giddy when watching fireworks. It was a great evening. Very unexpected, very enjoyable, very surprising.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sounds like a nice weekend.
I love fireworks too.
Post a Comment