TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE! :)

  • TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Culture out the Wazoo!


So an item on my "Change my Life for the Better" list includes Attending More Theater. So March 7th I will be at Tinseltown to see Madame Butterfly transmitted live from The Met. It's pretty cool. I went in January to see Orfeo ed Euridice. It was hard to see Orfeo as a man since it was sung by a WOman but I liked it.


Next week, February 25th, 2009 Dad, Jessica, Jordan and I will go to the Civic Center to see some clogging! Believe it or not Jordan is thrilled to see this! He is so bizarre with what interests him. Seriously it varies from Rap music, Western Movies, Classic Cars, Peas and Carrots, and Michael Flatley. Jessica bought the tickets really for Jordan and she was generous enough to include me and Dad.




I am even travelling to see theater! Jessica and I will have a quick vacay over spring break in Kansas City to hang out with Mom and I am surprising them with tickets to La Traviata! I am not that nice if I am being totally honest. I couldn't find three tickets together so I am sitting in the orchestra pit and I am sticking Jessica and Tracy in the balcony! I know, it's highly selfish but they didn't mind sitting away from me during Riverdance so I will press my luck this time. If you didn't know, La Traviata is what Julia Roberts' character watched in Pretty Woman, so I have high hopes. I don't mind sitting alone. Besides, Jessica likes to laugh at me when I cry.


Finally March 27th, Jessica and I will see Ballet Oklahoma's production of The Wizard of Oz at the Civic Center! I am truly in love with this story. Eons ago, I was a munchkin as a 2nd grader in the Central Junior High program in Moore Oklahoma! It totally killed my buzz for being a performer. My mom said I need to stand out so I was the only 'Lullabye girl" in red striped footie pajamas. I was so embarrassed. (That is not a "made-up memory") I realize now that I was the only one to stand out, but I can remember wishing I was in a pink nightgown like all the other girls. Which is laughable now since I now have an extreme allergic reaction to all things pink.

I hope I can keep up my trend with theater. I don't waste my money on manicures, pedicures and other such nonsense. (Who really wants to pay to get a fungus?) Hopefully, I can save enough moulah to become a season ticket holder! (Now that would be cool)

5 comments:

Julie V. said...

How cool Aubrey, I love how you are expanding your horizons. And it's with cool stuff. When I was 7 months pg with Thomas I saw Madame Butterfly and swore I would never go to the opera again. I have kept my promise. I was bawling my head off because of the heart breaking tragedy. I think time does heal all wounds and I may venture out to another opera one day.

Julie V. said...

Oh, and how hilarious is Jordan. I love him. He cracks me up. I was even shocked to see him with an iphone! Will wonders never cease? Next he will be helping you decorate the baby's room.

Callisto said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Once again, I wished you lived in Utah. ^_^ Oh well, it gives me a good excuse to come visit OK every so often. I'm going to the opera with a couple of friends in April, and I'm really excited. The last time I went to the opera, it was around the same time as my mom's Madame Butterfly incident, so it's been a while.

Kelly said...

You have some really excellent entertainment activities awaiting. How exciting!

valerie said...

I am glad you are having fun whatever you are doing! Getting manicures and pedicures are not a waste, it's called pampering yourself!! I do my pedicures and manicures myself because I don't want to spend the money either! The only problem is it takes a long time to work on these feet, but after I am done I am happy because I did it myself. Phantom of the Opera is playing now at The Venetian. We saw it in New York on Broadway, Uncle Sean snored through most of it!!!Too funny