TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE! :)

  • TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE

Monday, June 22, 2009

Joy: An Intense and especially ecstatic or exultant happiness

A sample of my strange and unusual evening...
.
I have just slid off my treadmill after another grueling 40 minutes. Usually, I might give it a little kick and pretend to spit on it but today is different..... I got of singing one of my new favorite songs. (Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova) I make my sister's salsa for her party, still singing. (Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron & Wine) I feed my dogs, again still singing. (Johanna from Sweeney Todd) I switch some laundry. (Nearer My God to Thee by Addison Kirk (Piano only)) I cleaned my kitchen. (Going to California by Led Zeppelin) I finally showered. (The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson) Obviously my iPod was on shuffle.
.
For those unaware, I cannot sing. My younger cousin, B.VDB laughed at my singing in April, it's that bad. Today has been the best day and nothing special happened. I worked at both jobs, I talked to a couple aunt's on the phone. My mom and I played phone tag. Boogie got mad at me.
I am turning into a sap! I started to read about joy and it brought maybe 2 tears to my eyes. :) So I guess all I am saying is that I hope everyone has an ordinary day filled with an "Intense and especially ecstatic or exultant happiness." I can't imagine being more full of joy.

4 comments:

Julie V. said...

Oh, I am so sorry B laughed at you! She is so silly. You just sing an octave lower is all. You can sing!!!!

Julie V. said...

I forgot to comment about your happiness. It makes me happy reading about it. :)

vivavalerie said...

I am glad you got to squeeze a work out in with everything else going on! It makes you feel good when you exercise after it's all said and done. I play my music on my Ipod shopping at Wal-Mart and sing out lould & dance too. I don't care if people think I am weird!!! Marilyn Manson, yuk!!

Kelly said...

Your iPod definitely was going from one extreme to another. I agree with Aunt Valerie's assessment of MM. lol. I'm glad you're happy and that you're experiencing joy in life. You deserve it. I love what you wrote about your mother, too, on the side bar. She's certainly an awesome mom, I must agree.