TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE! :)

  • TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Scenes around Addis


Sheet metal roofing seemed to be the standard. Notice the satellite dish in the lower left corner. Most housing areas had communal water but we saw tons of satellite dishes in the city.


I don't think I could be a construction worker here. The scaffolding looks rickety.


This was the outside entrance to the Univeristy of Addis Ababa. We were not allowed to take pictures of the palace, or the Prime Minister residence or any "official" building. The federal police are on foot. They wear blue camo and carry AK-47's. Sammy always reminded us to put our cameras down when we were near these places.


This is the view from the Friendship Building. We ate here often. Who would have thought that I would enjoy something called "Fish Goulash" but it is delicious! We mostly had American type meals here but on the first night I ate Gorer Gorer which is raw cubes of beef eaten with "data" and injera. YUMMMMMY!


This is a shot of a spice dealer outside the Mercado. Africa has a distinct smell that isn't exactly pleasant, but the smell of the pungent spices made my mouth water.


This is a field that is near a school. My picture doesn't show it but kids play soccer here.

No comments: