
We stayed at the Sadula Lodge. It is located in the Bole, or financial district. The hotel is surrounded by embassies and diplomat housing. This is us outside on the steps! In Addis, all nicer housing has a gate and a guard to let you in the courtyard which is kind of cool. I didn't take a picture of the guards but they are all big about wearing uniforms.

This is a view from the door looking in the living area. The portable bed wasn't used until we picked up Marren, then it was used as a changing station. :)

This is the bedroom area. It has a desk and a dresser with a TV and a safe. Mom slept in here. I preferred sleeping in the living room so I could read!

This view is taken from the roll-a-way bed. You will notice the snacks! We were warned that snacks were necessary because the food was bad. I am telling you that it is all junk! I loved the food and I even had raw food occasionally and everything was delicious! Any way, it was nice to have a sink and refrigerator and microwave.

This is where I slept! The gift bags are all the gift we gave to the people who helped bring Marren home. I think our gifts were the most awesome! (Even here I can't suppress my competitive nature!)
When I go back to Ethiopia, I will stay here!


No comments:
Post a Comment