TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE! :)

  • TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Resort: I can't remember the name....


The resort was fairly modern. I am not sure how many people were there. It seemed deserted. The road off the main road to get here was only 3 miles but it took us 25 minutes because the road is not paved and extremely bumpy. I felt like I was some sort of ride. One small mistake and Sammy would have put us in a hole.


This is the driveway leading up to the resort and it is flat.


Activities in Amharic. I personally wouldn't want to go horseback riding. The horses here seem to be primarily for work. They are smaller than the horses I have seen in Oklahoma and very skinny. I didn't see the horses from the resort so I don't know if they were in better shape.


I have never been a self proclaimed arbor lover, but the trees here are so pretty. This is another tree that can't be found in Oklahoma and it is lovely!


This is the beach area. From this view, the water is to the right. Straight on in the background are cliffs. The beach is more rock based than sand based.


This is a close-up of the cliffs. Unlike Lake Awassa, this area is more desolate and the idea that this is a vacation spot seems strange. Of course, you couldn't pay me to get in with the alligators and hippos that Awassa has to offer but this was a scary place to me. I don't mean in an unclean way, just a lonely place. It didn't scream FUN to me.


This picture is a view I took by turning a quarter to the right. The water was clear and warm and brown. It was very mirror-like on the day we were there.


On the way out of the resort mom spotted monkeys! There were two of them but we couldn't get them in the same shot. They did enjoy the wheat thins they were thrown!

No comments: