
This is Egg Rock? Island. You can see the solar powered panels to the right edge of the photo, unfortunately this light is abandoned at this time. Bar Harbor is trying to raise funds to refurbish and automate the light. Technology is making the lights obsolete and it's difficult to find funding for the upkeep of the lights.

The University in Bar Harbor uses this light to watch migration patterns of sea birds.
It is really hard to see but this island is only 1/4 mile wide. The camera has not done the water justice. I have never seen the ocean so blue.
While in Bar Harbor, mom and I took a 3 hour cruise of Frenchman's Bay and the surrounding islands. We were able to see many lights. Unfortunately the motion on the boat didn't allow me to write down what I am showing you!


1 comment:
Pretty! I love rocky beaches like that. Of course, I use the word "beaches" very loosely here.
Post a Comment