TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE! :)

  • TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

LIghthouses part 1

This is Portland Head Light. As you can see, she is getting painted.

We came here on our first day to Maine, I thought mom was going to burst with excitement like we were headed to see Elvis or something! :)

This is light "1" at Two Lights Park in Cape Elizabeth. We decided if we were rich, we would live in this town.

This is light "2" It looks funny don't you think? Most of the lights have been automated. There are 80+ lights in Maine. A lot have been decommissioned due to cost and the advancement of technology. Most defunct lights are now maintained and paid for by the towns they live in or by the Lighthouse Society.

I don't remember this place's name! I didn't write it down. Sorry! This was one of my favorites. I like the black and white.

This is the Breakwater Light in Casco Bay. It is the first light and it makes a racket of a noise every 30 seconds or so. This is an automated light. We saw this while sailing. We weren't on our family boat as it was still in Martha's Vineyard with the rest of the Coots' family. (You will have to ask me or mom about that)

This is Pemaquid Point Light. Doesn't she look so happy!?

This lighthouse was on a lonely road in the middle of nowhere. The keeper's house is inhabited.

1 comment:

sayfuzzypickles said...

That looks so scenic, like something from a movie. I want to go now :)