Marren and I visisted the Queen again. I do my best to take her. She loves the food, as do I, and I feel it's important that I keep as much of her beginning with her. I also thought it was time I made use of the address in Ethiopia I was given. It was hard to paint a picture with words about Marren and her life this past year. I think I did an okay job of it and my mom has a friend through work that speaks Amharic and was willing to translate my letter. I also put together an 8x8 scrapbook for her family that I spent 25-30 hours to complete. I asked Mimi, the owner of the Queen of Sheba, if anyone could translate the captions in my book. She said of course and asked some questions about her family and where she was from. SMALL WORLD! Our server is from Asela and may know Marren's family. Mimi said that they could hand deliver my letter and package to ensure it got to where it needed to go. I will be going back to the Queen in a week or so and will give them the address and a picture! My fears and doubts over writing my letter are now replaced with fears that I will never get a response. I hope that I am wrong. Saturday, March 12, 2011
Small world
Marren and I visisted the Queen again. I do my best to take her. She loves the food, as do I, and I feel it's important that I keep as much of her beginning with her. I also thought it was time I made use of the address in Ethiopia I was given. It was hard to paint a picture with words about Marren and her life this past year. I think I did an okay job of it and my mom has a friend through work that speaks Amharic and was willing to translate my letter. I also put together an 8x8 scrapbook for her family that I spent 25-30 hours to complete. I asked Mimi, the owner of the Queen of Sheba, if anyone could translate the captions in my book. She said of course and asked some questions about her family and where she was from. SMALL WORLD! Our server is from Asela and may know Marren's family. Mimi said that they could hand deliver my letter and package to ensure it got to where it needed to go. I will be going back to the Queen in a week or so and will give them the address and a picture! My fears and doubts over writing my letter are now replaced with fears that I will never get a response. I hope that I am wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment