TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE! :)

  • TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Home for two months

Today I have been home for exactly two months. The time is moving slow which I love because I can't get enough of Marren. She is a happy baby and I think she already has a sense of humor. I thought I would put together a small list of things that she does that makes me laugh or cry or just makes my heart melt.
1. She wakes up smiling.... ALWAYS. I get her up at 530am during the week and she is so tickled to see me. She jabbers the most in the early morning which says a lot because she jabbers all day long. Marren has never had a bad morning, EVER.
.
2. She bounces her leg over the side of her bath tub. It is a funny thing to see, like she hasn't a care in the world. She also likes to pour water in her face which is weird.
.
3. She scrunches her nose and snorts! I do it back to her and now it's her thing to do if my attention isn't on her alone!
.
4. I sing to her in the evenings and she is already a music critic. I can't carry a tune and when I purposefully sing wayyyy off key she frowns.
.
5. Her favorite song is "You Are My Sunshine". I have to sing it first because if I sing it when she lays her head down, she raises her and smiles and makes her own singing sound.
.
6. She is super ticklish. When she starts to laugh, the laughing can get even bigger if I PRETEND to tickle her.
.
7. She wants to sit against me not just next to me. When we play outside I move over and she scoots next to me closer. I think I am probably tomenting her but it's touching to see.
.
8. She can wave hi, but not bye.
.
9. She blow bubbles no matter if there is food in her mouth or not!
.
10. She will make the smacking sound of a kiss.
.
11. It took her three weeks before her foot could reach her mouth. In an unsuccessful attempt she would straighten both legs out and make a grunting sound.
.
All the doubts and fears I had during my adoption process doesn't even apply to my experience. I am lucky that the staff at Enat Alem showed her such love and affection. I have a healthy, happy, beautiful little girl!

1 comment:

Julie V. said...

I finally figured out how to post a comment on your blog! That post is absolutely precious. She sounds like a little angel. YOu are so blessed! I love how she skooches close to you when you move away. THAT IS SO SWEET! I cannot wait to see her on Friday! I cannot wait to turn my camera loose on that kid. I hope you don't mind if I take 9,000 pictures of her.