TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE! :)

  • TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Queen of Sheba

Saturday, my friends and I tried out the Ethiopian Restaurant in OKC. I warned them in advance not to judge the restaurant by it's location. Trust me when I say I kept my doors locked in the daylight. I had heard from Earlene, my homestudy caseworker about this restaurant and was eager to try it out! It was interesting to say the least. I enjoyed the food.

Tabatha and her son Carson came with us! Carson is picky and he only had OJ and the crackers you see in the picture.

This is Peyton, Holly's daughter and she is 10 months old. She tried and enjoyed everything except the chicken because it was too spicy for her to eat!

Holly is on the left and Shelly is on the right. Holly likes all different types of food so she was game to try anything. Shelly can hear the words, "spicy foods" and she needs an antacid. I was proud for how brave she was to try Ethiopian cuisine.

Sorry Aunt Kelly, I forgot to take a picture of what it looked like before we began. At 12 o'clock is salad, which was awesome. 1 o'clock is curry potatoes. 2 o'clock is lentils (my favorite) 5 o'clock is the left overs of green beans, carrots, and onion. (quite tasty and I definitely don't enjoy cooked carrots and onion) 6 o'clock is a repeat salad. 7 o'clock is lamb. 9 o'clock is chickpeas. 11 o'clock is beef. In the center is chicken.

If you notice the ace bandage-like rolls, that is injera. Injera is a type of bread that is spongy and used to mop up the food you want to shovel in your mouth. I admit, it was a little scary but served its purpose. However, I was unprepared because it was served cold. But it makes sense. I would be difficult to scoop hot food in your face burning your fingers with hot spongy bread!

It was a great time! I will be back!

3 comments:

Callisto said...

Mmm, that looks good! I'd like to try Ethiopian food sometime.

Julie V. said...

That food looks tasty. I would like to try it too. YUM

valerie said...

You must be preparing yourself now to eat the food before you go over there, right? It looked a little gross to me. I didn't understand the times for each food.