TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE! :)

  • TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gone With the Wind


I read GWTW every February. It's only fitting since it the month of love. If you haven't read this book you are missing out. I cry every year when I read it, and never in the same spot. Scarlett makes me so angry but at the same time I feel sorry for her too. Rhett is awesome. I find myself hoping that each of them will get over themselves to make it right. I spend my time wishing, "If Only" Such as, If Only Scarlett let Rhett know she truly needed him. If Only Ashley had a spine and didn't humor Scarlett with her infatuation. If Only Scarlett trusted Melanie and truly realized what a great Lady she was. If Only Rhett stopped pretending what Scarlett did to him didn't hurt. Alas, my If Only's lead to tears every year. It is a brave, exciting book capable of making you feel so many different emotions you might feel like you could explode. Try it.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm so happy that you started your blog and excited that you have been doing such a great job of updating it!

sayfuzzypickles said...

Oh my goodness, what a brilliant idea. I adore that book, actually I should say that I love the movie, as I only have read the book once, and that was when I was a sophomore in high school. I need to read it again. I have the same feelings about the characters as you do. I made my kids watch the movie with me and they didn't like it. I think they just don't understand her. She's a survivor! I love Rhett. I love Melanie. I love Mamie.

Kelly said...

I have the book in Dutch, it's called Gejaagd Door de Wind, I believe. Never read it in English or Dutch. Nice idea though. You're such an avid reader, Aubrey.

valerie said...

I want to watch the movie again, it's been years since I have seen it. I doubt I will be reading it any time soon.