TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE! :)

  • TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE

Friday, February 18, 2011

February 10, 2011

January 2010
.
.
February 10, 2011





Happy Marren Day! On this day last year I walked into the baby room at Enat Alem orphanage and zeroed in on a tiny baby with enormous eyes peering at me over her orange wooden crib. I picked her up and I became her mother. She survived me a year! WooHoo! What people might not know is that around September 2009, I contemplated quitting my adoption process. AAI told me in August '09 that Ethiopia would probably shut down the singles' program and that I may not be matched with a child before the program closed. I started to freak out and worry about how I would handle being a mom without a spouse and I started to second guessing myself. I was a phone call away from quitting but couldn't make myself call. Every day I think for 4-5 weeks my mom would ask if I made the call and I would tell her no I didn't. I am so glad I didn't make that call.

No comments: