TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE! :)

  • TO POST A COMMENT, CLICK ON THE POST TITLE

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Nano's first time

Now don't anyone get upset by this picture, it is old. This is my bestie Nancy. She had never been to a live production of anything! We went to the Plaza Theater on 16th and Classen October 27th to see Sweeney Todd! Tears could be pooling in my eyes now just speaking of it! It was amazing! The theater is a smaller venue. There is no curtain and their wasn't enough budget for elaborate set designs but it didn't matter. The production was magnificent! If you could see us grasp hands in excitement over hearing Mrs Lovett's solo you would have thought you had found the two biggest nerds.

So- just by chance, that evening's performance was followed up with a Q-and-A with the cast. I had never had that opportunity so we decided to stick around. I was facinated how these actors could sing so beautifully while using a Cheapside London accent. We decided that I would ask that question. I never did. The first question goes a little like this, and I am paraphrasing:

"Since the original production took place during the Industrial Revolution, did you find yourselves finding parallels with the poverty and failed business of today while preparing your character?"

GAG! I will never call myself a nerd again.... at least for a while. I think I have a somewhat intelligent mind, but I felt stupid in that room. It was fun to listen to the conversation though :) Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street is my new favorite hands down!

1 comment:

Julie V. said...

Just wait til you see Wicked. Go get the sound track, get familiar with the story. It makes a huge difference.